Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cross Country Change!



What a week! For those of you, who are just meeting me for the first time, hold on to your socks because it’s going to be a bumpy ride. Last Sunday, my two kids, 3 years and 18 months, and I flew from our home in Arizona to our new home in Michigan. Just the week prior my husband had driven with a friend and all our stuff, which includes two dogs**. On Monday, I had a follow up in person interview for a preschool position. Monday afternoon, I accepted the position. Tuesday morning had a district training. Tuesday afternoon visited my classroom and discovered there was a chair in there (that’s it). Wednesday we unpacked the house. Thursday, I had a licensing meeting, went to my classroom to discover the floors had been cleaned and everything had been taken out. SO I worked in my classroom, to prepare for a meet and greet with parents later that afternoon. Friday we bought the kids some beds, so we could actually sleep at our house, instead of a friend’s. Friday night the hubs went to a bachelor party where they went into the woods, bbq and shot guns. (that’s how you know you’re red neck ;) Meanwhile the kids and I hit up the local Big K and Tom’s. Perfect Friday night…lol…

Today is Saturday, and I’m literally in denial. I can’t believe everything is working out so well. It’s all because of God and His awesomeness. There will be more to come, hopefully with pictures of our house and what not. But over all I am blessed and thankful.

**The hubs trip went like this… within the first 24 hours he had a flat on the trailer in the middle of nowhere so he had to camp out until help came. Next he got a fix it ticket because the tail lights on the trailer didn’t work. He made the cross country trip in record time, mainly because he didn’t shower or sleep…I’m so happy I chose not to make THAT trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment